Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Whether Weather is Wiser than Me

I noticed this evening that there are three areas of concern in the Atlantic Basin. One tropical depression off the west coast of Florida, a miniscule piece of rain near the Windward Islands and a red zone moving toward the Bahamas and the east coast of The Sunshine State.

At the same time, I have heard from a number of people I didn't expect to hear from today. Unfortunately, Event One was not one of those people. Alas, things never seem to happen the way you might want them to. You have to take what you are given and go with it. This leads me to ask whether or not you can really go home again. This metaphor has given me pause for thought in the past but sometimes you might want to ask if you actually want to visit home again. Situations might be better elsewhere - since my house DID miss a pretty nice thunderstorm by about 9 miles today.

Dont get me wrong. Since July 4th - Ive seen some truths I didnt expect. Ive talked to people I didnt expect Id talk to. Ive had some pretty insightful conversations and Ive seen Are You Being Served? roll over back to its first episode in syndication. What happens next? Ive asked this in a couple posts before. Chief Ambassador Emeritus Alexander enlightened all of us when she asked The Question of the Ages.

Maybe Ben Affleck said it best...(which would astonish all of us)...but he said...(and guess the movie)

"Sometimes the people we meet change us forever. I've never forgotten ___________ (and you can put your name here) and I'm pretty sure I never will. Wherever [she is] you are, I really hope you are [she's] happy. In the end, all you can do is commit to the people you love, hope for a little luck, and some good weather."

Maybe Mother Nature is wiser than me, wiser than us all - its been my experience that she comes through when you really need her to. I think Ill enjoy the good weather - and wait for a little rain...like I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment